The carport has been around for one hundred years and is a great way to protect not only your cars but motorcycles. Also includes boats, and other vehicles that need shelter from the elements. You have undoubtedly invested a lot of money into your vehicles and protecting them from damage is a top priority.
The carport is a great cost-effective way to achieve the protection you are looking for in a structure. However, there are countless options available. From metal carports to wood it can often be difficult to figure out which option is best suited for your needs.
In this article, we will compare both metal carports and wood carports to assess the pros and cons of each.
Carports offer some great advantages in protecting your vehicles throughout the years and are a great investment in furthering the life of your vehicles. You may find that both metal and wood carports carry some of the same advantages, but one list far outweighs the other.
- Durability – Metal carports are highly durable and will remain in place for many years. All CarportsUS.com carports are built with strong 14 gauge galvanized steel framing with center bracing and 29 gauge metal roofing.
- Metal structures, unlike wooden ones, do not easily break or risk damages from termites, or dry rot.
- Metal structures will withstand fire in the event one occurs, unlike a wooden structure.
- Metal structures are low maintenance and don’t require the upkeep that wooden structures do. There is no painting, staining, and varnishing that need to take place.
- Protection – Metal carports protect your vehicles from the elements, and help prevent fading of your vehicle’s interior and exterior, as well as protection from hail, snow, and other weather conditions.
- Save Time – If you are currently protecting your vehicle or vehicles with car covers or tarps then investing in a car carport will save you a lot of time. Being able to pull into your carport and not have to struggle to cover your vehicle or other investments with covers will save you a lot of time.
- Save Money – There is a cost upfront that you may or may not need to finance. However, the long-term savings you experience in the protection of your property is where the real advantage lies. Having your vehicles exposed to the elements all year long has a huge impact on how much you spend on repairs to your cars as well as other vehicles you may need to protect.
The disadvantages to owning a metal carport are ones that we have already thought of and eliminated so that you would have nothing standing in your way of deciding to protect your vehicle with a carport from CarportUS.com
- Complicated construction – Metal carports can be more complicated to install than wooden carports. However, we offer free delivery and installation by trained professionals.
- Limited Design – As you can see from our website, we offer an incredibly large variety of design options ranging in sizes from 12’ to 30’ wide and from 21’ to 51’ long and accommodating up to three vehicles with room to spare.
- Rust – Metal is known to rust. However, we offer a 20-year guarantee against rust on all structures under 31’.
The wooden carport is a common feature in a lot of homes and provides for easy and convenient storage space. The following are the advantages and disadvantages of the wooden carport.
- Easy construction – wood is lightweight and easy to construct and work with. Often people prefer to build with wood because they feel they have more design options.
- Protection – Wooden carports also offers protection from the elements, preventing fading of your vehicle’s interior and exterior as well as protection from hail, snow, and other weather conditions.
- Save Time – If you are currently protecting your vehicle or vehicles with car covers or tarps then investing in a car carport will save you a lot of time. Being able to pull into your carport and cover your vehicle saves a lot of time.
- Environmental – Wood tends to rot, become invested with termites if not treated properly, break, or chip.
- Fire – As with any wooden structure if there is a fire it would be a total loss.
- High Maintenance – Wooden structures require maintenance including varnishing, painting and other upkeep to maintain.
Protecting your investments with the proper carport will extend the life of your vehicles and save you money.
CarportUs.com offers a variety of metal carports in all sizes that are sure to fit your budget and needs. We also offer free delivery and free installation, by trained professionals. Contact us today!